970 Design is a values-driven full-service marketing agency based in Vail, Colorado. We care about our clients and work passionately to amplify their mission. Our team consists of highly talented, passionate, and creative individuals who see marketing and design as powerful tools to improve the world. 970 Design serves a variety of organizations in the for-profit, non-profit, & government spaces.
About the role:
970 Design is looking for a dynamic Web Developer to join our team. You’ll be tasked with building and maintaining WordPress websites, creating unique digital solutions, and solving problems creatively. You’ll work with various teams, including designers, creative directors, and account managers, to execute the strategy and digital execution for a variety of projects.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- Consult on website designs to ensure feasibility within the project budget
- Build WordPress themes from scratch based on approved designs
- Maintain and enhance existing WordPress (and other) websites
- Collaborate with team members to execute projects successfully and on time
- Communicate with clients to manage tasks and projects
- Test, diagnose and troubleshoot website issues
- Stay up to date with industry standards, trends and best practices
- Experience building WordPress themes from scratch
- Complete understanding of responsive website builds
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; particularly XD, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience with browser testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for details
- Passion for pushing the boundaries of interactive technologies and methods
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines
- Semantic HTML & CSS
- Modern PHP, with an understanding of OOP & MVC patterns
- Experience with front-end frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Experience using dependency management tools (e.g. Composer/npm)
- Version control via Git
- Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress (ACF)
- General SEO knowledge
- Experience developing locally and migrating websites
- 3+ years of agency experience
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with Sage 9/10
- Experience with Bedrock
- Experience with Vue
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with animations libraries like GSAP
- Experience building Single Page Apps/Sites
- Experience with Jamstack builds
- Experience building WordPress themes integrating ACF & Gutenberg
- Experience in ecommerce development
- Experience building email templates in MailChimp & Constant Contact
- Experience building to Section 508 specifications
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate.
- Team Oriented and able to work towards the common goals of the agency, providing support where needed.
- Part of a culture that values the natural world and uses our talents to combat climate change.
- Interested in joining a team that prioritizes inclusivity and is not afraid to use design to take a stand for progressive causes.
- Interested in a work environment that expects mutual respect and open communication.
- Someone who prioritizes a healthy work-life balance for themselves and advocates for their peers.
Salary & Full-Time Benefits
- $60,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience
- Flexibility to work remote
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Ski pass and powder days
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Referral Program
- Professional Development Stipend
- Pool, Hot Tub, and Fitness Facility Access
- Really Good Coffee
- and more…
Does 👆 sound like you? If so…👇
If you are interested in this position, send us an email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following info:
- Brief cover letter summarizing your skills and your approach to creativity.
- Links to your online work, profiles, portfolio.
- Three (3) recent industry references with contact information
A statement on equal opportunity: 970 Design believes that corporations, consciously and unconsciously, disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. We believe an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace is one where all workers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued, included, and respected.
Accommodations. If we can offer reasonable accommodations to you in the application or interview processes, or if you have feedback on how we can improve the equity or accessibility of our recruitment, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Accommodation Request – [Position Title]”. Please note that we are unable to respond to general status inquiries or other messages that are unrelated to accessing our application or interview processes.